Welcome!!!

Hi everyone and welcome to Alyssa's blog. This page has been designed to update you on Alyssa's progress. Her surgery to close her VSD (hole in her heart) is scheduled for Monday, July 16th (changed to Tuesday, July 17th) at 12:00 (changed to 7:30a.m.). She will be at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital.

Monday, July 16, 2007

ONE MORE DAY TILL THE BIG DAY!

I can't begin to thank everyone for their concern. We had a beautiful weekend and today we are getting ready for tomorrow. I think we need a moving company to transport everything we want to take to the hospital!!! We have a few things that are a must, and that includes her stuffed bull. Andrea Mann (one of her pediatricians) gave her the bull last year as she fought her way out of PICU. Then there is the Saint pin with a lucky clover and the St.Therese relic from Ann Fuchs (a friend I work with). Her Angel of Courage from Aunt Holly is also a must take item. Of course we have to take the big screen tv with twenty Dora and Diego videos as well. Ha, Ha, just joking on that last one. Well I will update the page tomorrow during her surgery, so please check back here for updates.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa has always been a spirited little girl. The boys and I will continue to pray for her speedy recovery. We love you. Kelly

Anonymous said...

Heather, James and Alyssa - I'm sure you can't believe that this day is almost here! We will be praying for you! tracey, aaron and emily

"Lord, I commend myself to you. Quiet my heart, and through your power, help me to handle my fears. I pray for the doctors and surgeons and all who use their special gifts to care for me. Fill me with your peace which reassures me that nothing can separate me from you. Use these days and experiences to reveal ever new examples of your love, care and concern for me. Lord, I pray also for my family; sustain and keep them in your love and care. Amen"

tracy said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping me up to date here in Michigan! I will check in often on her progress.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love her little piggie tails in the picture!! What a big day you all have tomorrow. Please know that you will have a TON of people praying for, thinking of, and sending you all best wishes tomorrow. Hang in there. One minute at a time, right?
We love you!
Erin, Walter, Drew, & Devin Dodds

Anonymous said...

Our prayer for Alyssa:
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for Alyssa, for by your appearance in the Grotto of Lourdes, many have been cured of their infirmities.
Mother of Mercy, Healer of the Sick, Comforter of the Afflicted, you know her needs and her sufferings. Look upon her with mercy. We come, therefore, with confidence in your material intercession. Obtain for us, from your Divine Son, O loving Mother, this special request for Alyssa.
A candle has been lit for Alyssa in Mary's chapel at St. Colettes.
Our prayers are with you James, Heather and Alyssa.
Love, Pap, Grammy, and Aunt Di

Anonymous said...

hang in there, thinking of you and will be looking for your updates all day tomorrow. peace