Welcome!!!

Hi everyone and welcome to Alyssa's blog. This page has been designed to update you on Alyssa's progress. Her surgery to close her VSD (hole in her heart) is scheduled for Monday, July 16th (changed to Tuesday, July 17th) at 12:00 (changed to 7:30a.m.). She will be at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

8:15 pm Last Update for the Night

Ok- one last update before we try to get some rest. Alyssa remains in stable condition. After an "Alyssatude" attempt at getting up in bed, she was given extra doses of Morphine and Ativan. She is now resting peacefully. She remains on 2L Oxygen. She looks beautiful and we are optimistic for a speedy recovery. Thank you for all your prayers and comments as they truly made this whole experience easier. Alyssa says thank you too :) I will post again tomorrow, possibly with pictures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are sleeping now! What a day for all of you! You survived and I am so glad that Alyssa did so well! She is such a little fighter!!! I love that her "Alyssitude" kicked in!!! Your updates were great to read. See, you are strong and made it through a hard day! A huge hug from all of us! We will continue to pray for all of you! God bless! Anne, Michael, Bridget and Nathan Hart

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys! I knew that the Alyssatude would surface and before you know it, she'll be back at home giving you the same attitude! We will continue to think of you and pray for continued strength, patience and healing. aaron, tracey and emily

Anonymous said...

Hope you got some rest last night!! You must be so relieved that the surgery is over...I know I am!!!! You guys are so strong for all you have gone through. I don't know how you do it. Keeping her in my prayers for a fast recovery!
luv, erin

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear all is going well--you all have been in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm waiting to see this "Alyssitude", told Holly she sounds like my kind of girl!!

The Vike Family,
Chad, Nikki Lauren & Brett

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that the surgery is over and Alyssa is doing so well:) Your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Chris & Heather

Anonymous said...

With tears rolling down my cheeks, I am smiling from ear to ear. We have been praying for all of you daily. I had no doubt that the grace of God would prevail. Alyssa is blessed to have such great parents. Love to you... Kelly and the boys

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you two people and I can't tell you how happy we are about Alyssa.
the zingale family